Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another competitor to Saddleback

Again, I was looking around on the intrawebs and came across an ad for the new line of Coach bags for men.  Nothing that really stands out and it's a bit more expensive than the Saddlebacks.  The more I think about it, the more I think that the Saddlebacks really aren't all that too expensive.  Yes they are expensive if you are just looking for any kind of bag or briefcase.  But if you want a nice leather briefcase, it's not all that expensive.

The bag is definitely interesting.  It's got character, I'll give it that.  I think that initially I was more curious to see what it was like rather than excited to have it.  Now I'm beginning to really like it.  I really like the keystrap.  You don't have to go fishing around to find the keys and it's long enough to use the key.  Due to the lack of pockets, I feel that the first compartment with the big 6" x 6" pocket is a no-man's land.  It's just a mish-mash of little trinkets needed for work- a small reference book, keys, my rubber stamp, etc.  And it's all a bit disorganized.  Would be nice to have more pockets.  I also really like how it's a nice bag but it's not flash.  No brand names, no logos visible on the outside.  It's not a flash briefcase from the "f-you school of design".  I read that somewhere and liked the sound of it.

The only thing is that I used to use my Patagonia mini mass as my daily bag- keys, wallet, cell phone.  I'd take it everywhere with me- the grocery story, etc.  It was small and lightweight so I wouldn't think twice about and I never forgot anything.  I guess I could do the same with my Saddleback, but it's fairly big for it to do double duty as a daily bag.  I might try it out.  Today I went to the store and forgot my wallet, so I had to drive back and return with the wallet.

You know what?  Let's do it.  I'm gonna use this bag for everything.  Use it as a daily bag- not just for work.  This is supposed to be one bad mother *shut your mouth* I'm talkin' bout Saddleback *then we can dig it!*

No comments:

Post a Comment