Saturday, July 16, 2011

Brief initial impressions

What impressed me the most first off was the smell- if you don't like the smell of leather, then forget the Saddlebacks.  Last night I had it on my desk and about 6ft away I was watching TV on my couch when I could still smell the leather.  Wonder how long it will last and if the contents of my briefcase will start to smell like leather.

The leather is tough.  It's not butter smooth, it's not that slick "is it vinyl" leather that feels that water would roll off it either.  It's got some texture to it, a slightly fuzzy feeling.  There are scratches here and there on the case.  But as previous reviews stated, it scratches easy- I'm not talking about a deep cut that damages the leather, but more like the finish.  Over time, this is what will create that patina with use and age that will make this bag look great.  I'll post up pics later today

The design is pretty much what I had expected, except maybe I felt that the color was a bit different on the image of the website, I had expected it to be lighter.

The weight?  Yeah, it's on the heavy side empty, but I'm not concerned about the weight.

OK, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment