Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Size does matter...

So I got asked a question about if this bag would be too big on a particular body type.  I'm skinny and 5'9.  The medium thin briefcase I think is the perfect size for me.  I actually got out a tape measure to measure it out (dorky, I know) to get an idea of the bag would look like.  I used my 13" Macbook Pro as a starting point to get an idea of the size of the bag.  When I got it, I asked my girlfriend what she thought of the bag and she gave it a thumbs up- and she's not afraid to tell me if something is too baggy, too tight, etc.

The medium thin briefcase's dimensions are: 15" x 11 ½” x 4 ¼”

In other words, it's about the size of 4 15" Macbook Pros (if they were slightly larger) stacked on top of each other.  If you're looking for a slim attache to hold a few files, this isn't the bag for you.  If you're looking for a bookbag like the ones I used in high school where I roll 4-5 textbooks deep between classes, this is not for you.  I think this is just right for my daily work- I carry some files, some trade journals, a few tiny reference books, an iPad on occasion, and lots of ID badges, keys, cell phone charger, and other tiny stuff for work.  I've fit one of those Sigg insulated coffee travel mugs in the compartment as well.

As a day bag, yeah... the Saddleback, it's a bit big.  But I've been lugging it around everywhere I go.  For a work bag, that will see a lot of office action, it works well.

I don't really know how I would stack up against the other briefcases.
Hey Dave, el presidente, wanna send me a me a couple other bags in different sizes?

And to show that I'm not totally biased, I'd also be willing to try out a carbon fiber Zero Halliburton, a Berluti, some Prada briefcases, you know whatever.  So if anybody out there can get me one, let's make it happen!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for answering my comment. I'm at the same stage as you during your first post and I just can't decide for the life of me. I'll give it til the weekend til I decide if I really really want this bag. It's been a tough week as I keep on looking at reviews upon and reviews and just like you, I'm looking for a bag that will last with much TLC and ages with age and the type that I can bring in any occasion either at serious meetings or casual meetups. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Finally got my briefcase which is exactly the same as yours. A lot of people complained about the weight but it seems just ok for me. I'll be walking a bit with this bag later so I can provide more comments on the weight. But so far so food and it's looking darn niceeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this very interesting blog. I'm undecided between the large satchel and medium briefcase thin. I have a David's Tea 12 oz. Timolino travel mug and that is about a quarter inch too big for one of the compartments. I was happy to hear you got a Sigg travel mug in there as it is almost the same dimensions as my travel mug.

    ReplyDelete